1. Define the goal –(so you know if you have reached it.) The more specific you can be the better.
2. Set a date
3. List the pay value – what are the benefits to me to reach this goal.
4. List the obstacles –
5. Prepare a plan – to overcome the obstacles
6. Evaluate the plan – Is it good for you? Does it reflect your fundamental values? Will you have to violate them to reach your goal? How is this plan going to effect the people in my life, my health, my mental health? Is the prize worth the price? Am I willing to sustain it for the long-run? Am I willing to stick to it when things get tough?
7. Schedule the plan –
8.Keep up – don’t give up, don’t get distracted. This is where we lose people.
9. Stay the course or trade up
10. Never reach a goal without setting another one to take its place.
Goal Setting - 10 Step system